Whether you’re renovating, extending, or gardening, all that unwanted debris must be disposed of. There’s just one problem — it’ll take several trips to your local tip to clear that mountain of waste, and you don’t have time. This means it’s time to pick up the phone and speak to your nearest skip hire company in Norwich.
But is skip hire the right solution? Well, the answer to that depends on multiple factors which we’ll break down for you in this guide.
The benefits of skip hire
Here are just some of the benefits:
- 1. Skips come in a range of sizes. For example, ours range from 2-12 cubic yards in capacity. This means you can choose a container suitable for your project, whether that’s landscaping the garden or rebuilding it internally.
- 2. Open or enclosed containers. General waste – like herbage, wood, concrete, or cardboard – is non-hazardous. But what if you need to remove harmful asbestos from your home or an outdoor dwelling? Simply hire an enclosed skip which your local firm will collect when ready.
- 3. Commercial skip hire services. If a 12-yard skip isn’t enough, upgrade to a 40-yard roll-on, roll-off container. Suitable for site clearances or building renovation projects, you pay a hire fee upfront – then £156.00 per tonne.
- 4. It’s extremely convenient. All the hard work is done for you. Just pick up the phone, tell your hire company which size skip you need, and they’ll leave it outside your home or on your driveway.
- 5. Fill your skip with anything. Nothing’s off-limits. Plastic, cardboard, metals, general domestic waste (and even hazardous materials) can all be safely and conveniently disposed of.
What are the disadvantages?
When you hire a skip, you’ll need to load the waste yourself. Depending on your level of fitness, this might be challenging. Another potential issue is storage — if you don’t have a driveway, you’ll need to keep the skip on the road. This requires your hire firm to purchase a permit from the local council, a cost they will add to your bill.
Load and Go instead
Load and Go is an affordable and convenient way to dispose of your waste. Simply book your service by contacting a member of our team and we’ll send a driver to your property on the agreed date. Upon arrival, they’ll help carry the waste to the vehicle, load it, then transport the materials to our Norwich facility.
Load and Go is a better option than skip hire if:
- You are a domestic or commercial customers
- You need to dispose of:
- Half loads
- Full loads
- Single items
- Electric items
- You don’t have a driveway
- You’d struggle to load a skip on your own